Inventory management system consists of a series of processes with reference to the tracking, handling and managing of goods and materials that are held in stock. Inventory management is also very important in a business venture that helps in controlling assets that are being produced for sale during the normal operations. The main goal of inventory management is to control costs of operation and supply chain either directly or indirectly along with accountability.
Automated dispensing machines help in controlling inventory costs and reduce production downtime by minimizing stock outages through automatic electronic reordering of each item. These highly efficient and automated inventory management systems can be used for a variety of tools and supplies. Companies can gain more from lower operational and maintenance costs with the use of this advanced vending equipment and technology that streamlines and automates the reordering process.
Features provided by some of the inventory management systems are:
1. Access control and user limits to ensure that the right items are used as specified and in the right quantities; even non-compliant usage can be identified and managed.
2. Real-time information to check usage patterns, inventories and restocking requirements.
3. Alerts signal when stock is low, orders are late or when usage patterns change.
4. Suppliers can be automatically notified of restocking requirements.
5. Easy-to-use reports are available to track usage patterns, inventory levels, costs and restocking requirements.
6. Data can be easily exported to various applications for custom analyses.
With the following features available in some of the inventory management systems, now it’s easier to get a competitive edge in your business.